Saturday, February 2, 2013

Swiss Chocolate


I had to work the 11 to 2am shift one Monday night. While driving home, I saw a girl walking down a huge hill struggling with 3 suitcases. I thought, "well that stinks", and kept driving. (shame on me. shame on tired me)

I kept having that feeling to turn around and go help her. After the prodding again and again, even though I was almost home, I turned around and found her. I stopped and asked if she'd like a ride. My biggest worry is she would think, "Man, who is this creeper at 2:00 am asking me for a ride." But instead she responded, "Yes, I would love one! I am so glad you came, you are seriously an answer to my prayers. My friend was suppose to get me but my phone died and I am having such a rough time." I later learned that she was from Switzerland and had just come back from visiting her family there.

While I helped her carry her bags up to her apartment she told me she wanted to give me something to thank me. She pulled out 3 massive swiss chocolate bars and continued to thank me and tell me how I was an angel.

I know I was prompted by the spirit to help her, and that this oppurtunity was an answer to my prayers because I had been praying for oppurtunities to respond to the spirit and help others.

I am so grateful for the gospel, the still small voice, and moments to serve that make you smile :)


Happy Day!

Love,
The Bowes


No comments:

Post a Comment